Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vegas, Baby, Vegas - Day 2, Part 2, Lunch - August 21st, 2010

After I finished my morning at the amazing spa, Jeff and I decided to wander around the Palazzo/Venetian shopping area to see what kinds of restaurants were open for lunch. We found a mini version of San Marco Square that was designed to look like outside, although it's all indoors, and thought it would be perfect for lunch and chose Wolfgang Puck's Postrio. We were immediately sat "outside" at a perfect table where we could watch the happenings in San Marco Square. Our server was sweet and prompt and anticipated our needs. I was hungry and thirsty!
http://www.venetian.com/Pages.aspx?id=870

We started with the Salt & Pepper Calamari and Rock Shrimp, Fresno Chillies, and Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. It was perfectly cooked, not too much fried, but just enough to let you know it was not low calorie. I enjoyed the Sweet Thai Chili dipping sauce. It was nice to have something other than the usual cocktail sauce and made me feel fancy. Even though Jeff had said he wasn't going to eat any (remember, he's on a diet...), he still ate at least half. Yummy!

For an entree, I had the Prosciutto Panini with Roasted Peppers, Wild Arugula, Fresh Mozzarella, and Basil Aioli. Wolfgang Puck knows how to make a panini right! I was expecting only a few slices of prosciutto, and had already prepared myself for potential disappointment at the lack of meat. I was wrong! There was so much prosciutto on it, I contemplated taking some off, but immediately changed my mind. There was also a small side salad on the plate I hadn't been expecting. As many of you know, salad is not my thing, but it was still pretty good. I quickly finished my panini and had a few bites of the salad. A perfect lunch.

Jeff had the Grilled Prime Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger with Garlic Aioli, and Buttermilk Onion Rings cooked rare. The burger and onion rings looked amazing! Jeff dressed his burger and immediately cut it in half because of his diet, and the big fancy dinner we were going to have that evening. Watching him eat the burger was like watching a Carl's Jr. commercial, but better. Although my panini was fantastic, I would probably order the burger in the future. I had one of the onion rings and loved it. Onion rings are on my Top 5 list for favorite fried foods. Jeff didn't like them as much. He said there was too much batter and they seemed too fried (is this my husband???...). He's actually more of an onion string kinda guy. And, he stuck to his guns and only ate half the burger.

While we were eating lunch, there was action in San Marco Square. There was a man acting as a statue the whole time, covered in a gray sheet and gray makeup. He was interesting to watch, for about 8 seconds. People would give him money and take pictures with him, and he wouldn't move at all. Fascinating. Glad that isn't my job. There was also a show that lasted about 10 minutes. This was a little more exciting. There was a juggler (one of Jeff's favorite kinds of entertainment, not mine), and women singing opera. All in all, the performance gave Jeff and me something to talk about, other than Eliana. She probably would have enjoyed the show more than we did.

There was a gelatto stand in the middle of San Marco Square. We didn't try any (had to save room for dinner), but the line was at least 10 people long throughout our lunch. We passed it on our way out, and there were over 15 different flavors to choose from. I heart gelatto.

Stay tuned for our big night out at Joel Rubichon.

No comments:

Post a Comment