Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vegas, Baby, Vegas - Day 3, Going Home - Sunday, August 22nd

When we woke up Sunday morning, I knew I had to eat. As soon as possible. I was starving and wanted a yummy Sunday brunch. This was the first time all weekend I was disappointed by our food. We went to Tintoretto at the Venetian. The service was quick, although it seemed our server was also the hostess and busser. She was busy. Maybe she also cooked the food.

I ordered Eggs Benedict. One of my all time favorites. My eggs weren't cooked right, one was overcooked and the other had a funny texture. The sauce was ok, but there wasn't enough to smear over my side of hashbrowns. The English muffin was thin and dry. I was bummed out by this.

Jeff ordered eggs and sausage. Nothing fancy. Nothing delicious. He didn't finish it.

Other than the speedy service, I really don't have anything good to say :(  We should have gone to a buffet.

I'm guessing some people didn't show up to work that day. The restaurant was packed, and everyone who was working was racing around like crazy. The restaurant is usually only a bakery. Maybe that explains the bad eggs...

At the airport, I got a pretzel from Auntie Anne's. Regular pretzel and a side of cheese. It was also disappointing. The pretzel was too buttery (?). And the cheese was cold. It was a tough food day.

When we got home, we had Willow Street Pizza and everything was better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment